Sunday, September 22, 2013

Photobombing Thomas Jefferson - Tidal Basin, Washington DC, USA

No, I am not an impostor! This is Sam Antonio Photography’s official travel photography blog.

For my friends and for those for some odd reason who follow me and my second rate photography, know I love to shoot in saturated colors. So what is this black and white photograph?

I love going out to the Jefferson Memorial because it is not swamped with tourists as other memorials and it has gorgeous views of the tidal basin since it sits on prime real estate. Besides, Thomas Jefferson is considered one of America’s most intellectual president, just showing up at his memorial makes me that much smarter.

I love this anecdote of President Jefferson. Reflecting on Jefferson’s broad-based knowledge, President Kennedy once welcomed a group of forty-nine Nobel laureates to the White House with these words:

“I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.” (Address to Nobel Laureates, Dinner for Nobel Prize Winners of the Western Hemisphere, 29 April 1962.)

The inside of the memorial has very dull colors so I went with black and white to give it more of an artistic flair. I jumped into the frame of this long exposure shot at the last minute. I just love photobombing Tommy Jefferson!

I’m Sam Antonio and I approve this photograph.

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Facebook | Google + | Twitter | Pinterest | Photography Blog | Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment