Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Garden Isle of Kauai Shines Brightly - Kilauea Point Lighthouse

The Kilauea Point Lighthouse is a postcard-perfect landmark perched on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The lighthouse, located on the island of Kauai, represents the northernmost point of the main Hawaiian Islands.

I waited here at the overlook for about twenty minutes to get a decent even lit shot as the sun peeked in and out from the clouds. I was shooting with my medium range Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS lens. when I decided to switch to my Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens to get a tighter shot. Of course the moment I did that some heavenly light descended on the lighthouse. I quickly composed this shot before the light disappeared. Shortly afterwards, it started to lightly rain and so I headed back to the shelter of my car.

Ten minutes later as I headed toward Princeville, storm like conditions set in as heavy rains started to pour down. When I reached Hanalei a couple of miles down the road, the rains stopped and once again the sun made a dramatic appearance, albeit briefly.

That’s Kauai in a nutshell.

This will be the last photograph from my Kauai series. I hope you enjoyed it and if you plan to visit the Garden Isle please be sure to pack your swimsuit, your camera and a big smile.

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Facebook | Google + | Twitter | Pinterest | Photography Blog | Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment