Monday, August 19, 2013

Rise of the Silver Surfer - Oceanside, California

Another glorious day ends, along with my series on warm winter days in my hometown of San Diego, California. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

I’ll be posting more photos of San Diego in the future, but at the moment I have so many other photos to share with you guys from my globe trekking journeys.

Here is a photograph I took of Marvel Comics superhero The Silver Surfer at Oceanside Beach. How cool is that?

=============================

With a population of over 1.3 million, San Diego is the eight largest city in the country and the second largest city on the West Coast. Blessed with pristine beaches, diverse cultures, world renown tourist attractions, a strong military presence and near perfect climate it has been declared, "America's Finest City."

San Diego is considered the birthplace of California. Portuguese explorer Juan Rodriquez Cabrillo landed in San Diego's Point Loma area in 1542, claiming the area for Spain. In 1972 former mayor Pete Wilson gave the city the nickname, "America's Finest City."

Bordered in the North by Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, The Pacific Ocean in the West, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park in the East and Tijuana, Mexico in the South, San Diego stands alone as an American paradise.

And yes, San Diego is so cool that The Silver Surfer surfs at our beaches.

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Why don't you join me on Facebook?
Still figuring out Google +
Follow me on Twitter!
I'm over at Pinterest too!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment