Saturday, August 10, 2013

Maybe the world was upside down before, and now it's right side up!

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."  - Robert Louis Stevenson


The feeling of not knowing where you are and where you are going is indescribable. No plans, no reservation, no itinerary.

I love to travel because it is all about the people you meet and the things you see along the way.

I suffer from a serious case of wanderlust.

After six months in Southeast Asia I headed back home to San Diego, California. After two months I was itching to get back on the road, so I packed my bag, dusted off my camera lens and headed south of the border, down Mexico way.

Tulum is a Pre-Columbian Maya walled city located on spectacular cliffs, along the East coast of the Yucatán Peninsula on the Caribbean Sea in the state of Quintana Roo, Mexico.

I photographed this woman doing a headstand on the beautiful beach of Tulum with the Maya ruins and the turquoise water of the Caribbean in the background.

After all the media hype last year of Maya apocalypse end of the world scenarios you would think the world was turned upside down. Maybe the world was upside down, but this woman’s handstand has and now made it right side up!

So where is your wanderlust taking you this year?

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Why don't you join me on Facebook?
Still figuring out Google +
Follow me on Twitter!
I'm over at Pinterest too!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment