Saturday, October 9, 2010

Revisiting the Past at the Tumacacori Mission in Southeast Arizona

For the first time in a long time I spent the weekend in front of my computer instead of shooting out in the field. I was doing preventive maintenance by going through my photos and backing them up on various hard drives. In the process of doing so I went through my old photos from past trips that brought back memories.

In 2004 I took road trip through Southeast Arizona that gave me a flavor of a mix of the Old West, Old Mexico, amazing architecture, church history, and a reminder of the Cold War.

I shot this photo of the Tumacacori Mission with my first digital camera the Canon PowerShot S100 that had a whooping 2 megapixels, a far cry from my current Canon 5D MKII camera that shoots 21 megapixels!

I loved shooting with the PowerShot S100 and it served me well on many photo adventures. It was with me when I ran for my life when I did the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain (talk about a slow shutter lag)!

In the end, my photographic endeavors and creativity led me to outgrow that little camera and eventually lead me to getting my first digital SLR, a Canon Digital Rebel.

So many memories and so many hard drives to back them up on!

So what was your first digital camera? I would love hear from you in the comment section.

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment