Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fond du Lac Lighthouse, Wisconsin

The city of Fond du Lac is about 35 minute drive south from my home in the Appleton area. The French translation means the "bottom, or far end, of the lake" since the city is located at the bottom of Lake Winnebago.

I photographed this lighthouse, which is Fond du Lac's most recognizable landmark, at sunset in Lakeside Park. The first time I photographed this lighthouse was back in the winter a couple of months ago when the weather was deadly cold. I didn't realized how cold it was because I kept warm in my SmartWool thermals and North Face down jacket. It was only when I took my gloves off to adjust my camera settings did my fingers experience frostbite from the dreadful Wisconsin cold!

I used the remarkable Canon 5D MKII full frame camera to capture this photograph. The camera lives up to its reputation for amazing image quality! This is perhaps the best camera Canon has in their current line up. Kudos to Canon.

This time around I didn't get frostbite, only a serene moment to enjoy nature's light show.

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment