Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Come join me on my Southeast Asia photo tour!

Okay...this isn’t Southeast Asia and I do not lead photo tours in that part of the world (for the moment, but I am looking to do so in the future).

This is the Bartholdi Fountain in Washington, DC that was designed by Frederic Auguste Bartholdi. Does that name ring a bell? No, he did not design the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, but rather the Statue of Liberty in New York City. C’mon, who can forget that memorable ending scene from Titanic when Kate Winslet looks up at the Statue of Liberty as she starts her new life in America. American cinema at its finest (excuse me, I think I just threw up in my mouth)!

I have been busy...wait for it...post-processing photos! The last couple of months, due to my nomadic lifestyle, I have not had the quality time to properly process my photos with my Apple MacBook Pro and external monitor (my desktop computer is in storage somewhere in Illinois). I now have a workstation setup with my external monitor in place and the last couple of days I have been feverishly processing my photos from when I was in Southeast Asia last year (I have over 700 gigabytes of photos). So for the next couple of weeks be prepared to journey with me as I traverse through Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.

Back to the 15 ton and 30 foot tall Bartholdi Fountain. Fatigue started to set in after photographing the memorials and monuments in Washington, DC, so I sought out lesser known sites and hidden gems around the city. The blue hour sky was not the greatest that evening as it was spoiled by overcast, rainy weather and light pollution. Perhaps it was a result of the political demagoguery pollution coming from nearby Capitol Hill!

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Facebook | Google + | Twitter | Pinterest | Photography Blog | Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment