Saturday, October 12, 2013

Good Morning Vietnam!

Or should I say good morning Washington, DC! Actually, The Vietnam Veterans Memorial is only about 1,000 feet from where I photographed this so I wasn’t too far from a “Vietnam” theme.

The ugly looking obelisk with the scaffolding is the Washington Monument which has been under construction since the August 2011 earthquake. If you are planning a trip to the Nation’s capitol soon, be warned that construction will not be completed until sometime in 2014. That’s really a bummer because everywhere you take a photograph in Washington, DC it seems the Washington Monument is always in the background.

I got up early this particular morning because in the spring and summer the sunrise runs parallel to the Lincoln Memorial (rising near the Washington Monument) and bathes the statue of Mr. Lincoln in warm, soft light. As you can see from my photograph that didn’t happen, so I had to settle for this lonely jogger running along the Reflecting Pool.

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Facebook | Google + | Twitter | Pinterest | Photography Blog | Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment