Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Parroquia de San Miguel Arcángel - San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

I lied.

I said in my last post I was going to start sharing photos from my Southeast Asia journey I embarked on last year.

Lying maybe too strong of a word. Let’s just say I embellished the truth.

Here is a blue hour photograph from my trek to Mexico last year after I came back from Southeast Asia. This will be my last photograph (I promise) and from now on I’ll be updating you guys with photos from my Southeast Asia trip.

======================================

If colonial architecture and cobblestone streets sound very appealing then the beautiful Spanish colonial town of San Miguel de Allende fits the bill to be your home away from home (many Americans do). San Miguel de Allende has one of the largest American communities in Mexico with over 7000 residents. It is large enough to warrant its own U.S. consulate.

The ‘wedding cake’ towers of Parroquia de San Miguel Arcángel dominates the perfectly manicured main plaza, El Jardin, in the old historic center. I spent many evenings sitting on a bench in the plaza admiring the gorgeous architecture and striking light, all the while consuming my favorite Mexican meal Tacos Al Pastor!

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Facebook | Google + | Twitter | Pinterest | Photography Blog | Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment