Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How to do the Hanoi Hustle!

Navigating Hanoi’s traffic is akin to a dance. Cars, taxis, buses, trucks, motorbikes and pedestrians all work in harmony to navigate the city’s traffic circles, narrow alley ways and boulevards. The best way to describe Hanoi’s traffic is organized chaos.

At first glance, crossing the streets in Hanoi, Vietnam seems like an impossible task. Just take a deep breath, follow the lead of the locals and keep a slow and steady tempo and soon enough you’ll join the “chicken” on the other side of the road.

I took this photo from the fifth floor of the City View Cafe. With great views of Hoan Kiem Lake and the Old Quarter, it has the best vantage point of the crazy Hanoi traffic below.

I left my Canon 5D Mark II back at my hotel by its lonely self and brought his little brother, the trusty and reliable Canon Powershot G9. I also brought along my Manfrotto table top tripod to help with the long exposures (one of the few times I used it on this trip).

In between exposures I enjoyed a cold Hanoi beer and fresh spring rolls. What better way to enjoy the hustle and bustle of Hanoi!

Stay tuned for more of my adventures in Southeast Asia.

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Why don't you join me on Facebook?
Still figuring out Google +
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment