Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Swingin’ Sunset at the Oceanside Pier

Last year at this time I was buried under a couple of inches of snow in Wisconsin. Instead of sand between my toes, I had snow all over my boots.

I woke up cold, went to work cold, got my mail in the cold and went to sleep cold.

At night when I would shovel snow from my driveway, I would dream of returning to the Pacific Ocean. I envisioned the warm sun on my face and the sound of crashing waves.

This is why this photograph brings a smile to my face. A father and daughter spending time at the beach while watching a gorgeous sunset over the Pacific. Filled with Christmas spirit, the young girl rises above the setting sun. This is how one should spend a December evening.

Shoveling snow and freezing...Bah! Humbug!

One more last rant.

In Wisconsin when locals mentioned they were going to the “beach” they were referring to Lake Michigan.

The Pacific Ocean is a Beach.

The Atlantic Ocean is a beach.

Lake Michigan is just plain dirty and wrong!

I’m Sam Antonio and I approve this rant!

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Why don't you join me on Facebook?
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

1 comment:

  1. I suddenly remembered that my father and I had a similar photo like this kept in his wallet. Sadly, that wallet is gone… =( I didn't have the chance to make a copy of it. But the memory still lives in our hearts and minds. We usually talk about that photo and how happy we are as a family. My mother took that photo, btw. :D

    ReplyDelete