Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lunar Eclipses and Beautiful Beach Sunsets

I’m lazy.

I didn't photograph the lunar eclipse this past Saturday morning. Yes, I missed a rare celestial phenomenon: a total lunar eclipse when the Earth passes between the sun and the moon, throwing the moon into shadow. On top of that I had the best seat in the house being here on the West Coast.

I did get up at 4:37 AM and witnessed the start of the lunar eclipse and I planned to get back out at 6:06 AM to photograph the total lunar eclipse when the moon would be engulfed in a bright red glow.

I went back to sleep.

I'll leave the lunar eclipse to Twilight movie fans and early risers. I'll take a sunset anytime.

Since returning to the West Coast and after two winters in Wisconsin, I decided to spend my time photographing sunsets at the beach. So later that day I headed down to Oceanside Pier and photographed your typical California sunset beach scene.

Surfer in the frame: check!

Pier: check!

Amazing color in the sky: check!

The next lunar eclipse to be seen in the U.S. will be on April 15, 2014. I’ll probably be sleeping in on that one too. Besides my taxes will be due on that day and Uncle Sam can be very unforgiving.

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Why don't you join me on Facebook?
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment