Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Drummer Boy




After a day of touring around the Guimaras Island lead by our extraordinary tour guide, Daisy Yanson from Panay Adventures Tours, I mentioned to her that I wanted to stop at a local market to shop for the famous Guimaras mangoes.

With my nephew, Jeran, riding a top the roof of our private jeepney (he wanted to ride like a local), we pulled over at a local market where there was not only an abundance of fresh produce, but also photo opportunities.

After I bought my mangoes, I wandered about the marketplace meeting and photographing the locals. One that really caught my eye was this young boy playing drums on an empty can. Knowing I had a brief window of opportunity, I quickly adjusted my camera settings for a slower shutter speed to capture the motion of him playing “drums” with his improvised drum sticks.

As an added benefit he stuck his tongue out at me! This photo quickly became one of my favorites from my trip.

Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment