Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pura Vida Costa Rica!!

I’m tired.

I just got done shoveling my driveway as we had yet another snow storm (hopefully the last one for this winter) here in Wisconsin. Yes, I know it is official spring, but we still have winter conditions here in the Midwest. As I was shoveling, it dawned upon me that I was in beautiful, sunny Costa Rica exactly one week ago where the average temperature was 80 degrees!

So that explains yet another extended absence from Flickr but this time I had a good reason, I was on an adrenaline tour of Costa Rica with my nephew, Richard, and his wife Cindy. From hiking an active volcano, having a near death experience while white water rafting, to flying through a cloud forest like Superman on a zip line, it was one nonstop adventure after another.

Arenal is Costa Rica's most active volcano and one of the ten most active volcanoes in the world. On our first full day in Costa Rica we took a sunset hike to the base of the volcano where we were very fortunate to get a clear view of Arenal. Our guide told us that the volcano is normally obscured by clouds so we were lucky to have a great view that day. Our timing couldn't have been any better since the next two days the volcano would be forever hiding behind the clouds. After the hike we rewarded ourselves by soaking in the soothing waters of nearby Baldi Hot Springs.

Pura Vida!

I hate shoveling snow and I miss Costa Rica!

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Why don't you join me on Facebook?
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment