Friday, April 15, 2011

Farewell Atlantic Ocean - Tybee Island Pier, Georgia

Eighteen miles separates the historic downtown district of Savannah from the quaint beach community of Tybee Island on the Atlantic. As someone who grew up along the Pacific Ocean, I tend to forget how enchanting the Atlantic Ocean can be.

This could be because I now live in a state where they consider lake water a “beach.” I miss the ocean and just hearing the waves crash is like a symphony in my head.

Another early morning along the Georgia coast and I found myself facing the Atlantic for the last time (at least for this trip).

There was nothing spectacular about this sunrise on that particular morning but the sight, smell and sound of the ocean soothed my soul and kept my shutter finger busy.

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment