Thursday, December 16, 2010

Having a Whale of a Time in Baja California!

Mexican drug cartels! Shootouts in Mexican border towns! Violence toward U.S. citizens!

Yes, a perfect time to take a road trip to Mexico!

Back in 2009 my friends, Randy and Florence, and I decided to drive over 580 miles from the US-Mexico border to the San Ignacio Lagoon to experience Baja California’s friendliest whales.

It was a 14 hour drive from San Diego to the San Ignacio Lagoon. We divided the drive up over two days and along the way enjoyed one too many “cervezas” and delicious seafood along the way.

With my water soaked Canon G10 I captured this moment out in the San Ignacio Lagoon of another “pangas” (Mexican fishing boat) encountering two gray whales.

So what about the hype of the violence in Mexico?

I couldn’t tell you.

We were too busy breaking the speed limits on Mexico Highway 1( also known as the Transpeninsular Highway), eating fresh seafood, shooting (photographing) gray whales, and all the while laughing every minute of the way.

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment