Thursday, December 9, 2010

Devil’s Doorway: Photographs from Hell

Hiking in Devil’s Lake State Park in Baraboo, Wisconsin I came upon this geological formation known as Devil’s Doorway. I don’t know the history behind the name but my assumption is that living in Wisconsin is hell! The freezing winters are hell! Shoveling back breaking snow is hell! The pesky mosquitoes in summer are hell! I think it’s an appropriate name.

I must be in hell because I’m think about returning here in the next couple of weeks to photograph the Devil’s Doorway blanketed in the winter snow.

I have photographed American Southwest icons such as Canyon de Chelly in Arizona, Bryce Canyon in Utah, Cathedral Rock in Sedona and I always wanted to go back there for a winter landscape photo shoot. I won’t be traveling to those places anytime soon so the Devil’s Doorway will have to suffice for now.

Oh hell!

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment