Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sunset over Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin

The memorial statue of Red Bird, chief of the Winnebagos, stands guard over the lake and waves goodbye to another sunset at High Cliff State Park in Wisconsin.

High Cliff is the only state park on Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin's largest lake. High Cliff gets its name from the limestone cliff of the Niagara Escarpment. It's also the nearest state park to my home and a great place to experience a sunset. It was a great reminder that Spring has officially arrived here and that this native Californian survived, endured, and suffered through his first Wisconsin winter!

I can finally put away my down jacket, snow shovel, and ice scraper. Now the only thing I have to get use to is that the locals call the coastline along Lake Michigan the "beach." Yes, there's sand, sun and water, but it's lake water and that's not a beach in my book. Give me sand, sun and the Pacific Ocean and we have a beach!

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment