Friday, January 31, 2014

I flew over 20 hours from California to Singapore to see the world’s largest surfboard?!

My first night in Singapore and the heat and the humidity became unbearable. The back of my shirt felt like it was superglued to my skin. This was not Southern California with its Mediterranean climate.

My introductory walk around Singapore invariably led me to Marina Bay Sands. I looked up and glimpsed at a gigantic surfboard on top of three hotel towers.


Did jet lag cloud my perception?


Did I just fly for over 20 hours from California to Singapore to see the world’s largest surfboard?


No, it was just the world's largest public cantilevered platform, part of which overhangs the north tower by over 219 feet.


The three 55-story hotel towers of Marina Bay Sands are connected by a 2.47 acre sky terrace on the roof, named Sands SkyPark. The SkyPark is home to the world's longest elevated swimming pool, with a 478 ft vanishing edge.


In California we say, “Surf's up!” What is Singapore’s version of that?


Happy Travels!


Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography


Facebook | Google + | Twitter | Pinterest | Photography Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment