Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Being a Good (Great) Artist - Bayon Temple, Angkor Thom

“Picasso had a saying - 'good artists copy, great artists steal' - and we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas.” - Steve Jobs

Built around 1190 AD by King Jayavarman VII, Bayon is a Buddhist temple, but it incorporates elements of Hindu cosmology. Located north of the more famous Angkor Wat, Bayon is known for its huge, smiling stone faces and everywhere I went I felt like I was being watched, much like being at a U.S. airport with the Transportation Security Administration looking on.

Being a “good” artist I copied this photo composition from the front cover of Lonely Planet’s Cambodia guide (I did add my originality to it by shooting the opposite side of the face). I took it a step further and tweaked the colors in post production to get a somewhat similar result. I guess that makes me a “great” artist!

Leah seun hai, adios and goodbye for now!

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Why don't you join me on Facebook?
Still figuring out Google +
Follow me on Twitter!
I'm over at Pinterest too!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment