Thursday, January 6, 2011

Into the Wild..The Desert Wildflowers in Anza-Borrego

Just two hours drive from San Diego is Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. The park occupies over 600,000 acres making it the largest state park in the lower 48 states. The desert comes alive in late February to early April when the wildflowers bloom.

Henderson Canyon Road is the best place to see the wildflowers in all of Anza-Borrego. Here you will see the wildflowers carpet the desert floor. It’s an amazing sight to see.

This was taken with my handy dandy Canon PowerShot G9 camera. Over the years I have owned many Canon cameras such as the Digital Rebel, 20D, 50D, 7D (work camera), 5D, 5DMKII, PowerShot 100, PowerShot s400, PowerShot G1, PowerShot G9, PowerShot G10, PowerShot SX1 and many more other cameras I can’t remember at this time.

If I had to take one camera for a trip I would take the G9 for its versatility, compactness, incredible depth of field and stunning images it produces. It has always come through for me whenever it’s bigger brother (20D, 50D, 5D, 5DMKII) has failed me in the field for one reason or another (i.e. dead batteries, inclement weather, general meltdown, etc).

I had to get down and dirty for this shot! Laying on my belly with my G9 with the fill flash on and with the exposure compensation dialed to -1/3 I was good to go!

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment