Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Return of the Lion King!

Located in Madison, Wisconsin is the Henry Vilas Zoo which is free to the public.

To my amazement this small, neighborhood zoo has an impressive collection of animals. From their Amur tiger to the grizzly bears to their African lions. As a former longtime member of the world famous San Diego Zoo & Wild Animal Park, I know what a first-rate zoo looks like.

My camera lens has always been attracted to the lions, I guess since they are the top predator of the animal world and thus on the top of the food chain. I could also say I like photographing them because they are the “King of the Jungle,” but that technically wouldn’t be right since they inhabit the savanna grasslands of Africa and not the jungle!

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment