Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Crown Fountain - Chicago, Illinois

"A fountain is the memory of nature, this marvelous sound of a little river in the mountains translated to the city. For me, a fountain doesn't mean a big jet of water. It means humidity, the origin of life."
-Jaume Plensa

Designed by Spanish artist Jaume Plensa and starring the people of Chicago, Crown Fountain in Millennium Park is a great place to take out of state visitors and to watch locals 'splish splash' in the water.

The fountain consists of two 50-foot glass towers that project images of 1,000 local Chicagoans. On a regular interval, water flows through a water outlet in the screen to give the illusion of water spouting from their mouths.

My friends from California, Jason and Kathryn, were in town to visit me over the weekend. I played tour guide over the next couple of days as I took them to the Midwestern hotspots of Milwaukee and Chicago. In Chicago, Millennium Park is a 'must see' stop for any tour guide's route. Of course, being a great tour guide my timing was impeccable as we arrived at Crown Fountain at dusk and while locals were enjoying a cool moment in the water.

This little girl happen to run into the frame as I pressed my shutter button of my Canon G9 camera. I think it added another dimension to the blue sky and reflection in the pool. My kind of photograph from the Windy City.

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment