Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Oh Duck! National World War II Memorial - Washington, D.C.

I was all over the place last year, from Bangkok, Thailand to Chicago, Illinois to Dalat, Vietnam to Penang, Malaysia to The Crazy Horse Memorial in South Dakota to San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico to Washington, D.C.

So it is with my blog too.

I still have tons of photos to process from my South East Asia trip from last year and now that I have returned from Mexico, more photos have been added to my ever dwindling hard drive space.

I have been adding photos from my recent journey into Mexico, but I am going to interrupt that with some photos from my Washington, D.C. trip I took a couple of months ago.

I had a tough time photographing the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. due to the weather. The day I was photographing the memorial it was overcast and raining. I had just removed my gear from my Think Tank Shape Shifter backpack and set up my Canon 5D Mark II on my tripod when it began to rain. I ran and “ducked” under one of the memorial’s arches to wait out the downpour. When the rain let up momentarily I ran out to this spot before the crowds could assemble around the pool.

There are so many memorials in Washington, D.C. that I love to combine them into one shot if possible. I did that here with the World War II Memorial, the Washington Monument and a duck all in one frame!

The duck is a great symbol of Washington, D.C. since many politicians love to “duck” the important issues facing America in favor of spending other people’s money!

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Why don't you join me on Facebook?
Still figuring out Google +
Follow me on Twitter!
I'm over at Pinterest too!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment