Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Always Look, Down, Back and Up

Travel photographer Rick Sammon has a saying that you should “Always look down, always look back and always look up.” He believes that so many people miss great photo opportunities because they are in such a hurry to get to the final location that they miss what’s going on around them.

This almost happened to me on a sunset hike to the Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica. As one of the world’s ten most active volcanoes, I was looking forward to photographing it.

I hiked and reached the crest of a hill where I had a magnificent view of Arenal all the while the sun was beginning to set behind me. I turned around and I saw my nephew, Richard, and his wife, Cindy, admiring the sunset.

I turned my camera on them to capture this silhouette. I’m glad I did.

Thank you Mr. Sammon!

Happy Travels!

Text and photo copyright by ©Sam Antonio Photography

Why don't you join me on Facebook?
Follow me on Twitter!
Sam's Photography Blog
Sam's Travel Photography Gallery
Sam's Other Travel Photography Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment